How To Use Stainless Steel Tumbling Media
Stainless steel tumbling media is a type of abrasive material that is used for polishing, deburring, and finishing a wide variety of metal parts and surfaces. It is typically made from small, spherical balls of stainless steel and is used in a process called "tumbling," in which the parts are placed in a container with the tumbling media and rotated or agitated to achieve the desired finish. Some common uses for stainless steel tumbling media include:
- Deburring: Stainless steel tumbling media is often used to remove burrs and other imperfections from metal parts after they have been machined or cast. This can help to improve the overall quality and accuracy of the parts.
- Polishing: Stainless steel tumbling media can also be used to polish metal parts to a high shine. This can be useful for improving the aesthetic appearance of the parts or preparing them for use in applications where a smooth finish is important.
- Finishing: Stainless steel tumbling media can be used to finish metal parts in a variety of ways, including smoothing out rough edges, removing surface imperfections, and improving the overall surface quality of the parts.
- Cleaning: Stainless steel tumbling media can also be used to clean metal parts, removing dirt, grime, and other contaminants from their surfaces.
- Metalworking: Stainless steel tumbling media is often used in the metalworking industry to prepare parts for further processing or for use in finished products. It can be used to deburr, polish, and finish a wide variety of metal parts, including those made from steel, aluminum, brass, and other alloys.
Check out all of our stainless steel media here. If you need more than 100 pounds contact us at customercare@bcprecision for a quote.