1-1/2" Inch 316 Stainless Steel Ball Bearings G100
- Standard Diameter: 1-1/2" / 1.50 Inches
- Metric Diameter: 38.10mm
- Grade: 100
- Material: 316 Stainless Steel
- Ball Weight (each): 7.9708 Ounces / 225.967 Grams
Grade 316 stainless steel has high amounts of chromium and nickel. 316 also contains silicon, manganese, and carbon, with the majority of the composition being iron. A major difference between 304 and 316 stainless steel is the chemical composition, with 316 containing a significant amount of molybdenum; typically 2 to 3 percent by weight vs only trace amounts found in 304. The higher molybdenum content results in grade 316 possessing increased corrosion resistance.
316 stainless steel is often considered one of the most suitable choices when selecting an austenitic stainless steel for marine applications. Other common applications of 316 stainless steel include:
- Chemical processing and storage equipment.
- Refinery equipment
- Medical devices
- Marine environments, especially those with chlorides present